Provenance Insurance Services Ltd Privacy Statement
In accordance with the Privacy Act 2004 (and subsequent amendments), we, Provenance Insurance Services Ltd (PISL) operating as Knox Hutchison Insurance Brokers (KHIB) and MIS Municipal Insurance Services (MISL) and Dynamic Insurance Brokers (DYN), draw your attention to the following:
• We may collect personal information about you in connection with our services.
• We collect the information principally for the purpose of approaching the insurance market, placing insurance, assessing and advising you on your insurance needs, claims handling or risk management (depending on your requirements). Other purposes include providing you with information about other insurance broker products or services.
• The information we collect may be disclosed to third parties including but not limited to insurers, insurance intermediaries, service providers, finance providers, advisers, claims adjusters, other brokers, motor vehicle & licensing agents, medical professionals, regulatory bodies (including authorities).
• By providing the information requested you agree to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as outlined in this Collection Statement.
• You are entitled not to provide or withdraw consent. HOWEVER if you do not provide all or part of the information requested, we may be unable to process your application or provide other required services, your application for insurance may be declined or you may prejudice your insurance cover.
• You have the right to request access to, and correct, any personal information that we hold about you, subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 2004.
• To assist us in maintaining correct records we ask you to inform us of any changes in your personal information provided, as they occur.
• If you provide us with personal information about other individuals, you must ensure that those persons have been made aware of the above matters. Where the information collected relates to health, criminal record or other sensitive information as defined in the Privacy Act 2004, you must obtain any necessary consent from the person concerned.
For further information contact your account executive or the PISL Privacy Officer at Provenance Insurance Services Ltd, 288 Second Avenue W, North Bay, Ontario, P1B 3K9.